BaNaNas Verify

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

BaNaNas Verify

Post by Leanden »

The verification system is currently not sending out an email with a verification code in. Which means i can't sign up. :(
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: BaNaNas Verify

Post by Rubidium »

Leanden wrote:The verification system is currently not sending out an email with a verification code in. Which means i can't sign up. :(
The verification system is trying to send out emails, just your provider is rejecting to accept them.

2011-08-20 23:18:46 1QuuoP-0005Pq-HB ** leanden<snip>@<snip> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<no-reply@openttd.org> SIZE=2393: host mx2.hotmail.com [65.55.92.168]: 550 SC-001 (SNT0-MC3-F18) Unfortunately, messages from 178.33.34.239 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.
2011-08-20 23:19:33 1QuupA-0005QJ-MH ** leanden<snip>@<snip> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<no-reply@openttd.org> SIZE=2393: host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.188.126]: 550 SC-001 (BAY0-MC4-F10) Unfortunately, messages from 178.33.34.239 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

My provider isn't accepting them to two different email addresses?

It seems unlikely that i've set up a filter rule over both email adresses to block this, especially as the address i used has no filters. Has anyone had a problem receiving verification emails to a hotmail address before?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

The mail didn't even get to your filters, your ISP is not accepting them onto their machines.

Edit: (that is, openttd.org says 'he, I have mail for one of your users', they answer "we don't want that mail".)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Leanden wrote:My provider isn't accepting them to two different email addresses?
Since both are hotmail, it is the very same filter that blocks the mails. I dare say that hotmail blocks mail from OpenTTD to all hotmail accounts.
It surprises me that the mail is completely blocked, rather than moved to the spam bin.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Well surely there must be people who are registered on Bananas who have hotmail accounts no?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

given the data above, that is higly unlikely.

anyway, you need to talk to hotmail, openttd cannot do anything about this.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

so, for some reason, hotmail filters have decided openttd.org emails are bad? surely someone needs to...send them an email... to ask them to fix it?
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if only i could remember were i put the contact details for this someone guy... the lazy b****** must be pushed to do anything

seriously. you are the user/customer of hotmail. you must complain to them.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

not me :lol:

i got my account, and i don't use hotmail...

i was only suggesting/summarising
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I am gonna email them.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I just recently went through this issue with Hotmail as well with our servers (hosted on Zernebok, if it makes any difference). Here's the error code that Hotmail is sending back:
550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.
In a nutshell: Hotmail believes the mail server that Bananas uses is also sending out spam. This might be fixed by simply having the mail server publish its SPF record. If it's like my case, it involves a bunch of freaking hoop jumping, signing up for anti-spam programs, as well as programs where Hotmail users can provide feedback and complain about the spam they believe they're receiving.

Whomever runs the servers for Bananas should contact Hotmail at this link.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Why do i expect the host of bananas isnt going to take time to fill that out :(
Grandmaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grandmaster »

@ Leanden

Maybe you should consider Gmail.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Did already, now i cant find how to add something to bananas.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

On the bananas page click on the Manager tabt. Then there should be a link "Upload New".

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”