Poll editability!

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Poll editability!

Post by FLHerne »

The FAQ states that "if members have already placed votes, only moderators or administrators can edit or delete it. This prevents the poll’s options from being changed mid-way through a poll". This would appear not to be the case. :?

While it looks like that case is a joke, the ability to edit the title (and presumably options) of a poll after it's been voted on is open to abuse and allows thread creators to misrepresent other users' opinions. It would be nice to see this fixed.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Poll editability!

Post by YNM »

As far as I know, editing a poll would result in the poll being reset - all returned to zero. I know you point your finger at Andy; but from what I've know about polls in The Nations Game (whichever thread), every time we edited poll, the poll are reset.

Most likely you didn't read the poll title haha. Maybe make it a bit larger, no ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hmm, it looks like it might be possible to edit the poll title but leave the poll options as they were, and the votes won't be reset. Nice. Editing the options would definitely reset the votes.

This is something that will need fixing in phpBB (if it hasn't been already in 3.1).
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Ah, didn't see the .net cache for that page; maybe we should set that editing any part of poll (except for the votes, hehe) should result in the poll being reset ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

As I say, that's not something I can just set, it would seem to be a bug in phpBB.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

kamnet wrote:It's not a bug, it's just a BAD FEATURE! :twisted:
Soo... you mean that we'd need to e-mail the OP every time there's a poll ? :lol:
(although it's used for the OpenTTD screen background)
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”