2016 TT-Forums Meet

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

STATE YOUR AVAILABILITY.

Poll ended at 27 Mar 2016 22:05

7/8 May
8%
14/15 May
8%
21/22 May
6%
28/29 May
8%
4/5 June
8%
11/12 June
8%
18/19 June
8%
2/3 July
5%
9/10 July
8%
16/17 July
8%
23/24 July
8%
30/31 July
8%
6/7 August
4%
13/14 August
5%
27/28 August
5%

Total votes: 80

Dave

2016 TT-Forums Meet

Post by Dave »

Hello.

It's high time we got the 2016 meet sorted.

We haven't been in London for a while so it's time to return! Mainly because I'm organising it.

I have added several date options. Choose all that apply.

Weekend of 25th June isn't possible as I'm in Birmingham. No you're not invited.
Weekend of 20th August isn't possible as I'm getting married. And no you're not invited.

I propose a number of events over the weekend - potentially a couple of field trips to some interesting locations, a pub crawl, the core meet, a nice meal, etc.

I can assist any overseas visitor that would like to come, by acting for them in Britain which might save them a few quid.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2016 TT-Forums Meet

Post by Redirect Left »

Not been to one for a while (2012 i think, its whenever we went to Crewe Heritage), so depending on what the final itinerary focuses on, I may drag myself down. If it's all about the pub crawls and such then no, bit boring for a t-total guy :p
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm hoping not; got a few contacts which could lead to something fascinating. And I'm cheeky enough to ask if I don't have a contact.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Well i'm sure you'll find something good *cough* tours of abandoned tube stations *cough*.
Nah, i'm kidding of course... possibly :p
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'd be happy to attend, but I can't over the weekend of 2/3 July. Any other date in that vicinity (basically any weekend June through July) would be fine by me.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I can in theory do all dates bar 21/22 and 28/29 May, my birthday is inbetween those two.
Redirect Left wrote:Well i'm sure you'll find something good *cough* tours of abandoned tube stations *cough*.
Nah, i'm kidding of course... possibly :p
I think that was m that suggested it last time.... But now I am no longer working in London and I cannot arrange anything like that this time.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I don't think I'll be able to make it this year, unfortunately, but thanks Dave for organising a meet! I hope to be able to make a meet next year though (which I propose we have in Birmingham as it'll be 10 years since the first meet, which was there).
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

London sounds fantastic. I totally support the choice of location!
We should certainly do a few cranky games. Selfie of a TT-F member at every single tube station in Zone 1?

I can help with anyone needing passage from the North of England (but it might be a rather long way way round!) - PM me for details!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

JamieLei wrote:Selfie of a TT-F member at every single tube station in Zone 1?
Sounds like a laugh, or whoever can take the most selfies at differing stations within an hour, split into groups and differing members can work together to do it?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

JamieLei wrote:Selfie of a TT-F member at every single tube station in Zone 1?
Do you know, this is the first time anybody has ever used the word "selfie" on TT-Forums. I feel that's a good thing.

EDIT: Hmm, "selfies" was used before though, and "selfie" was in a news story URL, but apart from that...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

orudge wrote:Do you know, this is the first time anybody has ever used the word "selfie" on TT-Forums. I feel that's a good thing
Can we implement the new Facebook like system now that Jamie has ushered us into a new era?

Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Sundays I'd almost certainly be able to do! :)
Saturdays... it depends on work and training. I literally have no idea what I'll be doing probably until a week or two before each week.

Totally up for a meet though! Been a while since I've been to one. Totally agree with a London one as it's been a while, and pretty central.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Geo Ghost wrote:Sunday's I'd almost certainly be able to do! :)
Saturday's... it depends on work and training. I literally have no idea what I'll be doing probably until a week or two before each week.

Totally up for a meet though! Been a while since I've been to one. Totally agree with a London one as it's been a while, and pretty central.
Argh!!! Bad apostrophe alert!!!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

JamieLei wrote:Argh!!! Bad apostrophe alert!!!
You cannot prove anything! :P
(I was tired... That's my excuse!)
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

We should start referring to SX, SO and SU!
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Don't even try it!! :P
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I'm hoping to make it to the meet for the first time this year, and finally be able to put some faces to names. At the moment, I'm currently available on all weekends except the 6/7th August, due to that being my Stepdad's 40th Weekend.

Will be travelling down from Manchester, looking at a similar situation to my most recent trip down to London (flying down, train back up), so a none school holiday weekend would be the better time for myself.

Hope to see you all there!
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 61653 »

All of the possible dates should be fine with me, at least none are a definite no at this stage... ideally before the football season starts (or coinciding with Huddersfield playing down South) but as next season's fixtures won't be out before a decision has to be made I'm in the lap of the gods on that one.
I was social distancing before it was cool 8)
Formerly known as 47434
Last train journey I could be bothered to look up the headcode for: 04/02/2016, Mirfield to Batley, 2J34 1459 Huddersfield to Leeds, Northern Rail 144015
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I think thats one of the closest polls i've ever seen here at TT-F, almost level for them all :P
61653 wrote:(or coinciding with Huddersfield playing down South)
Huddersfield must be the most mentioned town on TT-F :p

I can do any, although my birthday is 22nd July, so if its 23/24 Jul it'd give me a reason to drink a lot (of coke, I'm t-total :p). 100% planning on doing this one, possibly only the saturday though, unless enough notice is given to book some cheaper advanced hotels, if that is a thing down in London also, how many folk usually hang around for the Sunday?

edit: bummer, no Owen this year, shall have to forgo my drink on him til next time :lol:
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

orudge wrote:I don't think I'll be able to make it this year, unfortunately, but thanks Dave for organising a meet! I hope to be able to make a meet next year though (which I propose we have in Birmingham as it'll be 10 years since the first meet, which was there).
Does that mean I need to organise it? Someone keep prodding me...
JamieLei wrote:London sounds fantastic. I totally support the choice of location!
We should certainly do a few cranky games. Selfie of a TT-F member at every single tube station in Zone 1?

I can help with anyone needing passage from the North of England (but it might be a rather long way way round!) - PM me for details!
I remind you about the great TT-F Game...
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]

Return to “Off-Topic”