Any Scottish About?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Ploes
President
President

Any Scottish About?

Post by Ploes »

Hello people,

Just wondering if there were any Scots on the board? Especially from the Aberdeen area, as I might get the chance to move "up north" with work, and have never visited the town. Ive been to Glasgow, Stirling, Edinburgh and Inverness but never Aberdeen. So I'm planing a 3/4 day trip up there with the misses to get an idea of the area. Proberly will fly up EasyJet on the Luton-Aberdeen route and then might rent a cheep car for 2 of the days....

So what should we look out for?
Areas of the town that a good/bad?
Bus/Rail network (I drive but my misses doesn't!)
Whats it like being that remote!?

Any help would be cool. I'm not needing a tour guide, just some pointers :D

Thanks
Dave

Post by Dave »

Poor you. Owen's just gone on his holidays. He's Scottish. As far as I can understand, MajorDick (sorry, MD, you know I'm playing :P) is too.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ploes
President
President

Post by Ploes »

Dave Worley wrote:Poor you.
Whys that? :lol:

It's my own fault really.... I told my boss I wanted to get as far away from London as possible.... and this was the solution he came up with.

Still nothing will be agreed till I've been there. If I'm using Bracknell, High Wycombe or Slough as the benchmark, its not going to be hard for me to be convinced to move their!
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

I feel so unloved :cry:

Hehe. I am a Scot but i'm from Glasgow area so cannot help I'm afraid, ain't been up to the Granite City..

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
orudge_roaming
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by orudge_roaming »

I live in St Andrews, which isn't far from Aberdeen. Could probably give you some pointers at some point... not right now though, bit busy here in Canada, but if I get a free moment... ;)
Owen Rudge (roaming admin account)
http://www.tt-forums.net/
Ploes
President
President

Post by Ploes »

orudge_roaming wrote:I live in St Andrews, which isn't far from Aberdeen. Could probably give you some pointers at some point... not right now though, bit busy here in Canada, but if I get a free moment... ;)
Many thanks Owen. I'll look forward to that :)

My wife has just said if she can help with any information about Ottawa, Montreal or Calgary (as she has lived in all three city's) she'd be happy to help.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hmm, I can't particularly answer questions 1 or 2 about Aberdeen specifically, but as for 3, I don't see it's really a problem. You still get next-day deliveries (at least, I do in St Andrews - never had that in Orkney!), you can get down to London or anywhere else by train without too much effort (or indeed by plane, as you're doing). If you want remote, try one of the outer Orkney isles. :P

Return to “Off-Topic”