The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

Post by Purno »

Castille, 1456

We succesfully annexed Navarra and Munster and more provinces of Morocco, and we started a war with Algiers (their ally Tripoli already quit the war; we accepted their white peace offer. Their ally The Ottoman Empire remains at war, but is not the main target of Castille.
Attachments
EU3_2.png
(2.21 MiB) Not downloaded yet
EU3_MAP_CAS_1456.1.9_2.png
(33.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
This is my name
Director
Director

Post by This is my name »

SimCity 4 : The only trusted city-building game since 2003.
Attachments
Port Town-May. 21, 8511326516333.png
Port Town-May. 21, 8511326516333.png (925.82 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
usecubes.com 3-D Pixel Design Software
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

What is that on the top right of the image?

Aso, wouldnd call it *trusted* seeing how often it crashes >_<

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Daan Timmer wrote:What is that on the top right of the image?

Aso, wouldnd call it *trusted* seeing how often it crashes >_<
Depends how often you hover a NAM piece over other transporation piece :P. Might post a few screenshots from my recovered city.
This is my name
Director
Director

Post by This is my name »

Daan Timmer wrote:What is that on the top right of the image?
That farm beside those low-wealth apartments? That's the last farm in the whole city. I use SimPeg Agriculture Mod (SPAM) for my farms.
Daan Timmer wrote:Aso, wouldnd call it *trusted* seeing how often it crashes >_<
I said 'trusted' because the gameplay is satisfying whilst not taxing on my system resources. FYI, I never had a single CTD when I play this game (except when hovering NAM pieces over transit tiles)
usecubes.com 3-D Pixel Design Software
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

Mine randomly CTD's. NAM or no NAM >_<

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Last time I thought about playing SC4 it took me about 2 days to install all the mods I wanted and then I somehow lost interest after like 2-3 hours of playing.
Don't ever add that dependency stuff to newgrfs :|
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Purno wrote:Castille, 1456

We succesfully annexed Navarra and Munster and more provinces of Morocco, and we started a war with Algiers (their ally Tripoli already quit the war; we accepted their white peace offer. Their ally The Ottoman Empire remains at war, but is not the main target of Castille.
Financially, expanding into Northern Africa is not beneficial really. Ally with the French, take Aragon :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

As with Purno, I'm playing a Castille game. It's currently 1707 and Castille, having long ago adsorbed Aragon and Portugal, became Spain fairly recently. The Spanish Empire is the largest in the world due to the Spanish being the first to discover the Americas in the 1460s and get colonising. The Hansa came second, but lost all of their North American territory to Sweden.

The Spanish, once gaining full control of Iberia, left the rest of Europe much to its own devices. A few wars were fought against France, who lost horribly and were later jumped on by numerous smaller nations, but otherwise the Spanish kept themselves to themselves. Austria and Britain are currently the main powers in Europe, steadily conquering Central and Northern Europe respectively. Spain is currently allied with Austria.
Attachments
EU3_MAP_SPA_1707.4.7_1.png
(1.86 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Wow Lankku, that is highly successful. Are you using any game modifications or cheats? I've modified my game to make it easier to expand quickly (I've made Overextension a smaller penalty and also made my armies fight better during Overextension issues, for example).
My Scenarios:
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

I've never actually seen any Europa Universalis gameplay, mainly because all you lot ever do is post maps ?(
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, it's EU3. There isn't much "gameplay" that's worth showing, imo ;)

²Lankku
I can almost hear those backwater Incans crying to be put under your enlightened rule, and I'm sure they're willing to pay in gold ;)
Attachments
EU3_56.jpg
A typical battle screen...
(313.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EU3_31.jpg
...and the map in diplomacy aka war mode.
(541.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

That's the Divine Wind expansion, released December 2010. The less modern interface you've seen in Purno's previous screens date back to 2006-2007.
My Scenarios:
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Chrill wrote:Wow Lankku, that is highly successful. Are you using any game modifications or cheats? I've modified my game to make it easier to expand quickly (I've made Overextension a smaller penalty and also made my armies fight better during Overextension issues, for example).
No mods, no cheats. Just raw Chronicles.
Pyoro wrote:I can almost hear those backwater Incans crying to be put under your enlightened rule, and I'm sure they're willing to pay in gold ;)
I've been itching to annex them for a while, but my infamy is a bit on the high side due to my other colonial exploits. I'll start repeatedly attacking them for tribute before I finally adsorb them into my empire.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Chrill wrote:
Purno wrote:Castille, 1456

Financially, expanding into Northern Africa is not beneficial really. Ally with the French, take Aragon :mrgreen:
Aye, I realize that, but I'm close to out of options. New enemies are either too powerful or not worth it. I'm allied with France, Portugal and Burgundy at the moment, and in good relations with Aragon. I can't seem to colonize south-America yet (my ships get below 0% when making the sail accross the waters, and my army refuses to enter Terra Incognita lands).

I feel I'm kinda stuck ATM. I've tried declaring some wars but all those enemies are too powerful and I get overrun.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Have you already discovered the sea routes to the Americas? Ships take damage from travelling accross open ocean, but they take more from sailing into undiscovered zones (I think.). Also, if someone has colonised the Azores, get military access from them so you can use their ports to repair your ships. If the Azores are not yet colonised, take them as soon as possible. They're a stepping stone to the Americas because when they become a core province, you get a nice westward boost to your colonial range.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The problem is my ships take a lot of damage from sailing in discovered open ocean zones, after roughly 10 zones the ships are at 0% (and 10 zones is roughly the route from Castille to America and back).
Image Image
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

If you didn't already do so, you could hire explorers (or admirals) to reduce the damage your ships take and (?) increase their sailing speed. If you want to colonize as fast as possible, you don't really need them to make the route back, a one-way trip is good enough ;)
Alternatively, you could hire a conquistadors (necessary to move armies into TI - you'll need QftNW national idea, a colonist and some 50 ducats...) and colonize/conquer the eastern African coast, Songhai usually has tons of ducats (and a few gold provinces), and it'll sooner or later reduce your travel distance to South America. Also, it puts you into a better position once Asia becomes a feasible aim for colonization (I usually colonize something around the cape ^^)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Choose the National Idea "Quest for the New World", and only use the biggest of ships for the trip across. Do it with an Explorer (recruited like a General in the Nations screen but costs 1 colonist). Being Spain, I'd recommend you sail down the African coast and then, when it turns east, you sail southwest-west to reach northeastern Brazil. This is the shortest passage. Staying near land makes the journey less of a mess for the ships involved as they do not suffer attrition as much.

If we keep this up, we'll need a EU3-specific thread soon :mrgreen:

EDIT:

I said what this guy said, basically:
Pyoro wrote:If you didn't already do so, you could hire explorers (or admirals) to reduce the damage your ships take and (?) increase their sailing speed. If you want to colonize as fast as possible, you don't really need them to make the route back, a one-way trip is good enough ;)
Alternatively, you could hire a conquistadors (necessary to move armies into TI - you'll need QftNW national idea, a colonist and some 50 ducats...) and colonize/conquer the eastern African coast, Songhai usually has tons of ducats (and a few gold provinces), and it'll sooner or later reduce your travel distance to South America. Also, it puts you into a better position once Asia becomes a feasible aim for colonization (I usually colonize something around the cape ^^)
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Got bored with EU3, back to DA2 :mrgreen:
Attachments
image001.jpg
Gotta love Merill and her silly conversations
(891.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image002.jpg
Pretty firebolts
(907.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image003.jpg
Nice view, and the guy is on fire
(875.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Image

Return to “Off-Topic”