The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

Post by pavel1269 »

A little time after you all, but here's something from me. And its all your fault I even started playing it! To get there took me like four months and two more hundreds years still in front of me, bah. The screen shot from 1545 was made 8.4, and I started as early as I could.
Attachments
EU3_MAP_SPA_1545.9.25_1.png
(482.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EU3_MAP_SPA_1584.1.12_1.png
(482.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EU3_MAP_SPA_1600.10.11_1.png
(481.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Impressive work! I've come to find the eternal expansion into new worlds a bit boring because, once you get there, there is no challenge left. Try playing a game where you must never use explorers, only living off expansion through diplomacy, royal marriages and proper wars :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

All my wars are "proper" :) . But if you mean to fulfill only war's rules, no way for me here. It wouldn't be fun for me. At the north, my expansion is next to France's, which mean free CB and I want to annex them at the Europe. At NA, I am next to two primitives, but also Norway. And even more north, I am next to England, which will got fully annexed once my infamy allows me that :) . This is my third game ever, in which I played more than two years, so I am still exploring some game principles. The only bugging thing is to control expansion at the east from Australia, control both Americas, Africa and then half an Europe. I always forget about something :) . I also got a plan for next game, where I will try to conquer whole Europe, Africa and Asia, nothing more, or better, I will see :) .
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Holy cr*p, Gizmo walked over my keyboard and pressed the Print Screen button (and *only* the Print Screenbutton)! My cat made her first screenshot! :tongue:
Attachments
Gizmos eerste screenshot.PNG
(1.98 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I like it if a game gives you some options to design a town instead of automated towngrowth. :)
Attachments
middle-sized town.png
(2.82 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

Looks at the EU3 game map.

Blobhemia

Blobustria

Trollolmans

Balkanised British Isles

Golden Horde/Moscowy Blob.

Seems like a Normal Game. :P

Also, SPAIN IS THE EMPEROR?
Something goes here, hell if I know.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

You'd want to see my most recent EU3 game. Starting as Denmark, I inherited both Sweden and Norway in the 1440s as well as a united France in the 1480s. Around 1500, I had colonized half of South America as Scandinavia, conquered all of Germany and became Holy Roman Emperor. I had also forced the Golden Horde and Nogai out of European Russia, then set up Muscowy and Polotsk as cover nations to avoid wars with the hordes. Good times. At one point, I led personal unions with France, Bavaria, Polotsk, Lithuania, Lorraine and Scotland. This was after having inherited Norway and Sweden!
My Scenarios:
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

You make my Burgundy game look sad.

I started in 1356 with Death and Taxes, and in 1425, I'm the Emperor, united the Low Countries, and I'm Bordering the Rhine, with 9.8 inflation.

Must Colonize. Must Colonize. Must Colonize.
Something goes here, hell if I know.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm working on an AAR (After-Action Report) of my Scandinavia game, it's been providing me with a great backstory. Hang on!
My Scenarios:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Gigidi;
Attachments
famfun.png
(233.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

While this arguably is not a screenshot, I don't think it values its whole own topic so this really is the best match!

Europa Universalis IV has been announced, slated for a "late 2013" release :D

Strategy Informer Interview
Official Forum
My Scenarios:
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Ah, sounds good :) Will they be re-introducing the old save game compatibility thing that CK, EU2, Vicky and HOI2 had, whereby you can load a late EU2 game in Vicky and continue etc. I know CK2, EU3, Vicky2 and HOI3 don't have that option sadly, but it'd be nice to see it make a comeback.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Probably not officially, although someone will surely build that on their own with several bugs to follow.

The problem is that countries that exist in EU IV might not exist in Vicky, thus converting the savegame means another country will have to take its place!
My Scenarios:
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

True, they could always update Vicky2 with those nations in a patch or something. I remember that HOI2 had California, the CSA etc even though they were never intended to be seen in game (purely for save game compat). Although I did see them spring up in 1938 once. Full scale US Civil War. Twas very Crimson Skies esque :)

Played CK2 for the first time today. Got it back during the Steam summer sale but i've been occupied by other things. Decided to have a bit of a challenge and play as the Duke of Lancaster from the earliest start. Somehow my fellow Saxons and I managed to bash old Guillaume de Normandie, but Harald Haardrada gave us considerably more trouble. Still, by 1070 the whole mess was cleared up and we still had a Saxon King :) Managed to eventually overthrow the King (two kings later mind you) and install my Grandson as King. Now his descendants rule England, bits of Scotland and a single county of Wales (I own Rhyll basically). I'm also now Duke of Hereford, Duke of Gloucester and most recently, Duke of Norfolk, thanks to successive successions (now that's a tongue twister!). There have been a few rebellions here and there, mainly with Northumberland and Norfolk (prior to my inheriting it) and Kent deciding to try and install their own King. Cornwall initially declared independence during my war against the Crown, so for the next 30 years or so it stayed independent. Back in the fold now though. Not sure where my ambition lies now. I have a strong claim on the Crown (and the King is now distant enough a relative not to be directly related to me, so he's fair game basically) but not sure if I want to go and run with the big dogs yet. I like being a Duke :)

Really is a brilliant representation of Mediaeval times. I've had to imprison my brother several times, my wife plotted to kill my niece. The Duchess of Kent and Norfolk that kept trying to overthrow my grandson (the King) was in fact my daughter-in-law. Superb game :)

Makes me wonder if EUIV will use any of that sort of thing or if it will stick to the "countries are homogeneous entities" thing. Bear in mind that during EUIII (and therefore presumably EUIV) timeframe, there is the War of the Roses, the English Civil War, War of Spanish Succession etc etc all involving various Dukes, Earls, Barons etc doing their own thing and the Monarch having to try and hold it all together.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I wouldn't expect too many changes ...
The trick with sequals is to keep the things that people like and work on the things that people don't like. So yes you will see somethings in EUIV that are rather similar to things in EUIII, we believe that these are the parts of the game that work and you like. Maybe we will be wrong, but you do not throw out the baby with the bath water.
... as almost all dev statements so far point into the direction of evolution rather than revolution. I suspect the nations themselves are outside this scope.

You might want to look forward to the new monarch system, though
"So what we are trying to do is that in EU is you have the administrative, diplomatic, and military ability. So we’re making it so that each of these gives you points, then you use this points to do certain things. So if you have a really good monarch you get lots of points every month, these points are used for buying ideas, increasing your technology, making a province into a core, assaulting a fortress, and making a leader
http://www.destructoid.com/paradox-past ... 2917.phtml
It's at least going somehwat into the CKII direction as the rulers now actually matter beyond being simple numbers ;)

Either way I'm sure it's going to be great and looking at the difference between EU3 1.0 and EU3 DW5.2 Betas I'd really like to jump forward 5 years right about now ;)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Yes, there is a massive difference when comparing Divine Wind and EU3 vanilla. However, they wouldn't WANT to make EUIV a new CK2 because, let's face it, those are different series. If they are just going to blend, they could just release EU V and let it run from the 950s (CK) through to the early 1900s (Vicky) and have it dance around a bit to fit the theme of the times! Now, they would rather you bought three games than just one, so they'll ensure there are differences :)
My Scenarios:
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

I'm not saying make EUIV simply a big mod for CK2 here, same as I don't think anyone would accuse Vicky2 of being a re-do of EUIII :) Just wondering if a representation of the Feudal system somewhat similar to CK2 might work well in EUIV.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Never say never, but it won't be nearly as detailed. The emphasis is still on nation states rather than local Dukes.
My Scenarios:
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

I got a feeling, that I won't finish my game in this year.
EU3_MAP_SPA_1638.8.11_1.png
(479.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EU3_MAP_SPA_1638.8.11_2.png
Allies
(428.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Also, I am kinda looking forward EU IV. I hope, it will allow even more sandbox freedom than III does offer.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

That is an impressively persistent Spanish empire :lol:

EU:IV will have every nation (at least most cultures) use specific "missions" and ideas designed exclusively for them. For example, in EU3 there is a national decision called Indelningsverket available only to Sweden and Scandinavia (when formed by Sweden). Decisions such as this one for Sweden will now exist for many nations, taking them down a more personal route. From what I have gathered, the game will be focusing more on making countries unique. As it is now, there is not much difference playing Portugal, Venice, England or Norway. Hopefully, it will be very different in EU IV. One danger with these decisions could be that the game ends up railroading you to a more or less predetermined future. If for example you play as Sweden, the game will want you to conquer the Baltics and will help you do so in EU 3. This is really bad since it basically makes Sweden overly powerful in a war aimed at the region surrounding Estonia and pretty much decides that sooner or later, Sweden WILL conquer that region.
My Scenarios:

Return to “Off-Topic”