Extended Cargo Scheme (ECS) discussion

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Extended Cargo Scheme (ECS) discussion

Post by George »

GoldRush wrote:This is nuts! All of the industries close down in 24 game months unless they get serviced, without any way to circumvent that, I built a scenario specially made for the ECS vectors before knowing this, and it made me mad! Is this some kind of cruel joke, George?!?
Give me freedom or give me death! :x
Please try if this version works correctly http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ecs%2031/
Image Image Image Image
GoldRush
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GoldRush »

George wrote:
GoldRush wrote:This is nuts! All of the industries close down in 24 game months unless they get serviced, without any way to circumvent that, I built a scenario specially made for the ECS vectors before knowing this, and it made me mad! Is this some kind of cruel joke, George?!?
Please try if this version works correctly http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ecs%2031/
Is there any new parameters in that version that disables industry shutdown and stockpiling entirely? Or makes them behave like the original industry set?

If not, then why did you point me to the latest version? I like the ECS vectors only for having more cargotypes, not the fundamental changes to the gameplay it brings.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

GoldRush wrote:
George wrote:
Is there any new parameters in that version that disables industry shutdown and stockpiling entirely? Or makes them behave like the original industry set?
If not, then why did you point me to the latest version? I like the ECS vectors only for having more cargotypes, not the fundamental changes to the gameplay it brings.
General behaviour parameter bit 1 disables stockpiles.
As for closure - beta 6 has special bit 5 (value 16) that completely removes closure and appearing of new industries (except exhausting of mines, you have other bit for endless mines). Try if its what you need.
Image Image Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

George wrote: As for closure - beta 6 has special bit 5 (value 16) that completely removes closure and appearing of new industries (except exhausting of mines, you have other bit for endless mines). Try if its what you need.
That's nice to read :-)

An unrelated question: do you grant me permission to re-use your forest in the OpenGFX+ newgrf? It fits so very nicely into the landscape and I'd like to make it an option there. Could you pm me please the relevant sprites, if you agree?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

planetmaker wrote:
George wrote: As for closure - beta 6 has special bit 5 (value 16) that completely removes closure and appearing of new industries (except exhausting of mines, you have other bit for endless mines). Try if its what you need.
That's nice to read :-)
Still did not do all the things I planned for beta 6 to go in public :(
planetmaker wrote:An unrelated question: do you grant me permission to re-use your forest
Yes
planetmaker wrote:in the OpenGFX+ newgrf? It fits so very nicely into the landscape and I'd like to make it an option there. Could you pm me please the relevant sprites, if you agree?
This string "// = Forest (ID 12, part 10, 80) =" is the first and this "// = Sawmill (ID 13, parts A5-A6, 83-87) =" is the last. All the sprites between are the forest sprites.
Or have I misunderstood you?
Image Image Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

George wrote:
planetmaker wrote:An unrelated question: do you grant me permission to re-use your forest
Yes
planetmaker wrote:in the OpenGFX+ newgrf? It fits so very nicely into the landscape and I'd like to make it an option there. Could you pm me please the relevant sprites, if you agree?
This string "// = Forest (ID 12, part 10, 80) =" is the first and this "// = Sawmill (ID 13, parts A5-A6, 83-87) =" is the last. All the sprites between are the forest sprites.
Nope that's it pretty much :-) I'm shocked with awe to see the forest take a whopping 4000 sprites nearly... :-O - something I didn't quite expect.
Do you happen to have the real sprites (pcx) for the forest at hand? My grfcodec fails to write proper pcx files here.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

planetmaker wrote:
George wrote:
Yes
Nope that's it pretty much :-) I'm shocked with awe to see the forest take a whopping 4000 sprites nearly... :-O - something I didn't quite expect.
Do you happen to have the real sprites (pcx) for the forest at hand? My grfcodec fails to write proper pcx files here.
http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ForestersHouse.psd
And how many sprites did you expect?
Image Image Image Image
City Builder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by City Builder »

Any rough estimate when beta 6 is going to make it into the online game, it seems that the people that play on our servers love ECS but hate that the industry closes down after only 12 to 15 months. I have to admit, I'm right along with them.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

City Builder wrote:Any rough estimate when beta 6 is going to make it into the online game, it seems that the people that play on our servers love ECS but hate that the industry closes down after only 12 to 15 months. I have to admit, I'm right along with them.
Unfortunately it may take 2-3 months
Do you suggest to upload pre- versions (http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ecs%2031/) that fixs that problem to bananas?
Image Image Image Image
BarthVader
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BarthVader »

I'd want to contribute as a translator (to Polish). What can I do?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

BarthVader wrote:I'd want to contribute as a translator (to Polish). What can I do?
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... ranslation
Image Image Image Image
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Announcement.

As of dec 31th, 2010, some of ECS cargo classes have been modified:

CERE: 0010 bulk -> 0210 bulk, covered/sheltered
FERT: 0070 bulk, piece goods, liquid -> 0030 bulk, piece goods
OLSD: 0010 bulk -> 0210 bulk, covered/sheltered
POTA: 0010 bulk -> 0210 bulk, covered/sheltered
SULP: 0010 bulk -> 0210 bulk, covered/sheltered
WOOL: 0020 piece goods -> 0220 piece goods goods, covered/sheltered

See http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=CargoTypes

This may be of importance to vehicle set developers using cargo classes with their sets.

regards
Michael

Return to “Graphics Development”